Performance-oriented Architecture incorporates a series of key concepts. These include:
- Non-discrete Architectures
- Non-anthropocentric Architectures
- The Active Boundary and the Articulated Enveloped
- The Extended Threshold
- 2nd degree Auxiliary Architectures - Supplementary Architectures
- 1st degree Auxiliary Architectures - Embedded Architectures
- Multiple Grounds
For a detailed elaboration see:
Hensel, M. 2013. Performance-oriented Architecture - Rethinking Architecture and the Built Environment. London: AD Wiley.
Research projects frequently involve several of these key concepts in an integrative manner.